Public Schools - Tips for Grades K-3
Ways You Can Help Your Child Succeed
- Read to your child.
- Have your child read to you.
- Talk, sing, and play with your child.
- Have your child write in a "journal.
- Add new and interesting books to your home library.
- Include your child in family "storytelling times.
- Ask your child to read recipe directions to prepare a meal and help him or
her measure the ingredients for that recipe.
- Take your child grocery shopping, and have him or her "estimate the cost
- Use flashcards to practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division facts at home.
- Encourage your child to read biographies.
- Ask your child to think about life without electricity, and discuss
- Discuss with your child that the family is like a team whose members share
and work together for everyone's good.
- Discuss different kinds of jobs and careers in the community.
- Share with your child interesting newspaper and magazine articles.
- Show your child, on a map, places the family has visited or will
- Have clay, crayons, paint, paintbrushes, blocks, puzzles, and paper
available at home for your child.
- Visit, as a family, museums, zoos, and art exhibits throughout the
city. Discuss with your child what he/she sees when viewing the animals or
- Listen to music together.
- Walk, hike, or bike together, to the library or to other places of
- Encourage your child to join an organized activity (baseball,
cheerleading, basketball, etc.).
- Check with your local park district or other community resources for
- Help your child identify and set fitness goals.
- Teach your child the difference between foods that are healthy for
him/her and those that are not.
Chicago Schools |
Apartment Search Tips |
Local Phone Numbers |
Chicago Utilities |
Apartment Rent Tips
Hunter's Check List |
Apartment Moving Tips |
Apartment Packing Tips |
Apartment Moving Day
Chicago Restaurants |
Chicago Newspapers |
Contact Us |
We do business in accordance with Federal Fair Housing law. (Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988).Some of the content on on this website has been secured from outside sources. We believe it to be reliable, however, we make no representation or warranty, expressed or implied , as to the accurrent Rental information is subject to change with or without prior notification.